Dear MSAD #49 Employee,
Welcome to the 2011/2012 school year!
We hope you enjoyed your summer, and that you are ready to jump back into your role in health and wellness. We’re looking forward to your commitment to wellness through the MEA Benefits Trust initiatives, including programs offered with our partner in health, PATH.
The MEA Benefits Trust has once again joined forces with PATH to offer eligible participants multiple ways to stay focused with goals around fitness and nutrition. We’ve listed this year’s programs below, along with the number of PATHpoints a participant can earn this year for each program: Again this year each point is worth $1 for up to $150.
- Calendar Puzzlers – Monthly safety and first-aid tips made fun. Participants read the useful information in the self-care resource, and then solve the monthly Puzzler to show they’ve got a handle on safety. 2 points per Puzzler for a total of 24 points per year.
- PATH Community/Keeping Fit – A fitness tracking tool within the PATH Community. Participants receive points for tracking their exercise sessions and recording caloric intake, and for following a personalized nutritional plan. 50 points per 5-month cycle.
- Healthy Life Survey – A health risk assessment tool that provides participants with a health status baseline. The survey measures health risks, stress levels and overall wellness and provides informative feedback based on results. 50 points for completion of the survey.
- Peer Coaching – A 6-week online coaching course. Participants will work in pairs to achieve their personal wellness goals, while mentoring each other at the same time. 50 points for completing the course (participants may also be eligible to earn Continuing Education credits).
- PATH Adventure – The “Olympic Challenge”! A self-guided, 10-week health action plan. The PATH Adventure will get people out walking and engaging in healthy behaviors that encourage positive lifestyle change. 50 points for completion.
Again this year each point is worth $1 and payout will work the way it did for the 2010-11 school-year. We hope that you are looking forward to continuing in your active role for yourself and your school.
To get started, create a PATH account online at https://secure.tomypath.com/meabt. If you already have a PATH Account, simply log in with your username and password.
Thank you for your continued commitment to this program.
MSAD#49 Wellness Committee
Albion: Sandra Jonassen
Benton: Teresa Denis
Clinton: Anni Outinen-Jones
Fairfield: Patty Labun
LJHS: Gerry Killarney
LHS: Cindy Breau
Central Office/Ad Ed/Bus Garage: Sue Lambert