This page will be updated often throughout the week. Check daily for new tips or instructions from the tech team.
I haven't updated this in a while, but if you're still checking, here's a quick tip - To open a new finder window push [cmd} + [n}
http://minute.maine121.org - Great tips from MLTI for the MacBook
www.computerhope.com - This is a great site for technology help and resources!!
Reminder from the tech team - The laptops can't go home until we return from Christmas break. All students should be returning the laptops to their Homeroom cart tonight!
If you press F3 it will bring up all of the minimized windows and open windows.
Note from the tech team - We have fixed the student server login. If a student can't connect just let us know and we will make sure they get the connection. Here is a hint to know if the kids have the correct connection. The new connection is called Student Login (this new one has the space between the words) This one will also work for both 7th and 8th graders.
Apple + Cmd + Space to perform a spotlight look up - Spotlight allows you to find files / applications on your laptop.
Command + P to print a page
Command + S to save
To delete a file w/o having to drag and aim at the trash can, select it then press [CMD][Delete].
Control + Click on a picture to quickly add it to your IPhoto library.
Note from the technology staff -
There should be no stickers/wrappers etc stuck to any of the laptops. The laptops will not go home over the 4 day weekend next week.
- In Safari (or any other Apple application) to find out the definition of a word, first select the word and then hold down Command + Ctrl + D. This will provide a pop up window with a definition for the word.
- In Pages, if you forget how to spell a word, type the first couple of letters and click on the escape key to get a list possibilities.
- To scroll using the track pad you place two fingers on the pad at once and move them in whatever direction you want to scroll.
- Command + Q - quits out of an application
- Option N creates a spanish accent mark - ñ
- If you want to take a picture of your screen hold down Ctrl + Shift + 4 . Whatever you select in the crosshairs will be included in your picture. The picture will be on your desktop.
- If you're having a problem, the very first course of action that you should take is to shut down and start back up your laptop.
- Go to Mrs. Anderson's PortaPortal to browse a collection of useful links.