Lawrence High School
The administration, faculty, and staff at Lawrence High School develop and implement curricula that require and assist students of all abilities to grow in a safe, respectful, and nurturing environment. In order to offer students a meaningful high school experience, we work with students, parents, and community members to create programs of intellectual, civic, and social development that reflect individual needs, goals, and interests. It is our role to guide and motivate students at Lawrence High School to participate in a conscious process of seeking appropriately rigorous courses and activities that engage students with opportunities to learn about and explore career, college, and life readiness. In combination with challenging curricular and co-curricular programs, we also offer structures that support our student aspirations through a process of self-discovery, self-evaluation, increasing community involvement, and growing independence.
Student Learning Expectations.
The Student will
1. express himself or herself effectively in both oral and written communication;
2. demonstrate an ability to listen, read, and process information effectively;
3. demonstrate research skills that enable informed decision-making and reasonable conclusions;
4. apply critical, integrative, and creative thinking to be an effective problem solver;
5. demonstrate a proficient use of technology;
6. develop a personalized and viable post-secondary plan;
7. assume responsibility for his or her decisions, actions, personal belongings,
8. be respectful of himself or herself as well as of others;
9. make positive contributions to the community through volunteerism and
service to others; and,
10. understand the importance of participating as a citizen in both school and